The Artists in the Black service produces a number of FREE and low cost resources to help Indigenous artists protect their rights:
- Information sheets on legal issues specific to Indigenous artists
- A series of comics to address legal issues that relate to Indigenous artists and communities
- Free and low cost sample agreements
- A number of resources assisting Indigenous artists to create and manage their will
- ART+law is Arts Law’s quarterly publication many articles with helpful legal information, including a dedicated section about Indigenous issues.
You may print a copy of these resources for a non-profit purpose, provided you copy all of it and do not alter it in any way. To reproduce for any other purpose (including for course materials) please contact Arts Law.
Arts Law has also developed a hub of information and resources about Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP) called Solid Arts. Visit the Solid Arts website to learn more.
For more general (non-Indigenous specific) legal resources for artist please go to Arts Law’s legal resources page.