In the following situations Arts Law may not be able to advise:
- you are not eligible to access Arts Law's services
- the matter is outside the scope of our services
- the matter requires a solicitor to act on your behalf
- Arts Law must decline to advise you because of a conflict of interest or a policy conflict.
Arts Law will assist you by recommending an appropriate organisation or professional from our national referral panel. We may refer you to:
- a suitably qualified lawyer
- arts organisations
- tax and accounting advisers
- another Community Legal Centre (CLC).
We can arrange access to both limited free and reduced fee advice.
If you act upon Arts Law's referral, any arrangement, in particular in relation to fees, is a matter between the lawyer and yourself, and has nothing to do with Arts Law. We recommend you clarify the terms of any arrangement with the lawyer when you contact him/her.
For more information and to seek a referral please contact us.